ShieldConex 1.5 includes changes to 2-Factor Authentication and fixes to both the Daily Tokenizations & Hourly Tokenizations reports.
Both Client and Partner Admins now have the ability to disable a user’s 2FA Device. This is helpful if a user within your organization has lost their old device or runs into account issues with google authenticator. Admins just need to navigate to the Manage tab, and select Users. Once the user account is located, the user can select the record to be taken to the ‘Edit User’ page.
The above buttons appear at the bottom of the 'Edit User' page. Administrators can click the button on the right— Deactivate two-factor authentication— to deactivate the 2FA flow for the given user.
For organizations that require 2-Factor Authentication, an admin can reset 2-Factor Authentication for internal accounts. To do so, navigate to the user’s account information and select the same Deactivate two-factor authentication button. The next time that user logs in, they will be prompted to set up a new device for 2FA.
Our API documentation host environment has been upgraded to OpenAPI 3.0. This is an attempt to stay up to date with the latest integration practices and to unify documentation across all platforms
We recently added some basic capabilities for a Partner to establish a unique tokenization key for their organization. This functionality now produces audit logs for key management, so that security failures are easy to detect, investigate and safeguard against in the future.
All changes create a record indicating the following:
- The User making the change
- The Key Name
- The action (assign OR deactivate)
- The DateTime
- IP Address
- The Daily Tokenization Totals report only ever uses a full month as the reporting period, which is the default set. If you change this the data doesn't change to reflect the updated date range. This is also reflected in the file exports.
- The Hourly Tokenization Totals show hours in the x axis but if the date range is larger than a day, there is no way to see this date in the x axis.
- The reports exported in the Daily Tokenization reports by hour are the same as the ones daily, and the same issue of showing a date range always one month prior occurs here.